Tuesday, April 3, 2012

getting out

I'm in this new phase of having a kid. A kid who walks by himself and who doesn't require a diaper bag anymore. He's this little independent guy. And with that comes the new idea of going out. Not just for my sake, which is wonderful to get outside, but for his. I make sure that we get out and about at least once a day-- experience something new or go run around. Before motherdom, this was the part I looked forward to most, to go play around and do fun things with your kids! It is awesome! Little did I know how essential it is! For both of us! Kids or not, what is your favorite thing to do just for the sake of getting "out"?

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I can't wait for that phase!! I have a pedi with my cousin for her wedding tomorrow and I have to take Olivia. She's just about to walk and she's all over the place. I'm so scared!!

amanda (+ mike and elle) said...

haha- i kind of love that i JUST blogged about this- the joys of having a little independent buddy! as much as i miss the joys of having my little bebe, this age just rocks!

Jessie said...

The older they get, the more fun they are, aren't they?! I do not lament those baby days. Now that Spring is here, it's even more fun to get out and about! My little boy turns 2 at the end of the month. We've been on lots of bike rides and have spent plenty of time at the park. But now that he broke his leg, I think we'll be checking out the library this month.

Andrea Dickherber said...

I don't have kids (yet) but I imagine the transformation from "babies" to "kids" must be pretty amazing (and maybe a little scary) to watch!
I love getting out to go to the beach or park and I can't wait for the day when we get to take little ones along (other than our puppy!) :)

Andrea
Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

Erin said...

isnt it so lovely when you don't have to carry around tons of extra junk!!! It's hard to go back to baby phase after you have done big boy phase for awhile!! He is so adorable!

Jennie said...

I go to Target and just meander. I don't have kids, but that's what I do for fun. Hahaha!