Thursday, June 5, 2008

Since I’m going home next week for heather’s wedding, I figured I need a killer tan so I look like I’m actually living in Hawaii. Not that I wasn’t tan before, I just wanted a little more. Today I come home on lunch and decide to lay out for an hour or so in the backyard. I set up the towel and douse myself in tanning oil and here comes a nice thick layer of clouds that looks like rain. And it rained…. Welcome to Hawaii. So much for that.
Maybe this weekend the sun gods will be on my side ...

I want a sewing machine sooo bad right now! I love sewing (even though i'm horrible at it) and I really want to get better at it (of course Project Runway has greatly influence this desire… they’re amazing!). Hopefully i'll have one in the near future!



life lesson of the day: Don’t add grapefruit to your smoothie. It makes it extremely bitter (unless you like that) and the only way to fix it is to add a bunch of sugar, defeating the purpose of a healthy smoothie.

4 comments:

Rondo Family said...

That's too funny about the smoothie. I hate it when you take the time to make one and then it tastes sick. I can't believe that you come home so soon... how exciting:)

Erin said...

ew grapefruit in smoothies...gross! ahaha. i know the rain lately has really ruined the tan i want to take home with me. what is with it raining here in june!?

Leah Remillet said...

I loved reading all your posts. Thanks for your comment, it was fun finding your blog. I feel like I know you so much better, and we are way similar. Why did I not know this better before days before flying off the island for god? I'm excited to have it now anyway. The pic of you and Erin under the rocks... where is that it looks so awesome!?

Shanae said...

I need your number women, we are headed surfing tomorrow at castles, come 9:30 thursday june 19th!!!
This is Shanae, you can email me at shanaeljones@yahoo.com or I will get it from you at church!!