I avoided that wrap and ate the small veggies that garnished the sides. I also had a pumpkin and vegetable soup that was sooo delicious. And I didn't let Jeanne know that there was creepy crawlies in my food.
So since I didn't eat much at all (thank goodness I had a 3 pancake breakfast this morning) I was starving later in the day. And guess what I had to do... Jeanne's grocery shopping while she sat in the car. Never go grocery shopping hungry. I got into Safeway and made awesome discovery.. Vons (grocery store in CA) and Safeway are related and if Vons had my favorite eclairs then so did Safeway!! I don't know why I had never come to this conclusion! I have been depriving myself of chocolate eclairs from Vons for almost a year now! My mom occasionally calls me from San Diego to tell me she's eating a chocolate eclair from Vons to rub it in but now I can too!!!
This is what they look like:
I ran to the bakery in the bake of the store and grabbed a box of two. Yumm... I ran to an empty grocery isle (happened to be by the baby diapers) and stuffed one of those puppies into my mouth. As I continued to shop... I figured I would slowly eat the second.As I'm picking out Jeanne's organic eggs in one hand and feeding a chocolate eclair into my mouth with the other, a little girl sitting in a grocery cart peers around her father, looks at me with a big smile and says, "Barbie! Barbie!" The little girl's dad ignores her and she continues to say, "Barbie! Barbie! Why is Barbie here?" while looking at me. I'm thinking... oh no... very far from it. I don't think Barbie would be stuffing two chocolate eclairs in her mouth. The little girl was pushed away in the cart by her father and I heard her say, "Aw... dad, you missed it" thank heaven. Haha... kinda cute. I guess the blond hair got her a little confused.
I finished the shopping feeling a little sick. I went to the check out stand and put my empty eclair box on the belt. The check-out clerk picked it up, looked at the empty box smeared with left over custard, and looked at me with a confused face. I said, "I got kind of hungry and I couldn't help it." She laughed and then warned me to never go grocery shopping hungry again.
I didn't want to tell her it wasn't my fault I was hungry...I had a pita full of surprise seafood parts.
9 comments:
that doughnut thing looks incredibly delicious, my mouth is watering!
we teach english to our students, oral english. basically we just do lessons that make the students participate through role play or anything that gets them to speak english!
and p.s. we teach them conversational english--introducing themselves, family, any topic. i did clothing one week, holidays another week, tangible objects, relationships, anything with new vocab.
I would agree that you look like barbie :) p.s. I cant wait to get back to san diego for the Mexican food too, that picture of the burrito makes my mouth water!
yeah lindsay, you ARE barbie. remember the barbie garage at kam and keila's? haha. SO MUCH FUN.
anyway, sometimes i prefer to go shopping hungry, because i sometimes get in a rut, and it helps me to grab new things. :)
haha... i used to LOVE going to Kamri and Keila's because of the barbie garage!!
I wonder if they still have it? That would be awesome if they did.
Haha! You are so cute! When I was in Mexico my senior year the men all called me Barbie. "Heeeyyy. Barbieeeee. Come look at my Mexican Junk!"
Oh my gosh that is so cute that the little girl thought you were Barbie!!! I wish people mistook me for Barbie :) I have had little girls ask me if I was Ariel though. Of course I always tell them I am...
Barbie:) That is so cute. You made that little girls day. Now she's gonna tell all her friends she saw the real live Barbie:)
You are so funny Linds. It is good to treat yourself every once and a while. (or all the time :)
Post a Comment