Friday, October 29, 2010

Our Quick San Diego Trip

A week ago we took a quick 5-day (plus 2 days of travel) trip to San Diego! We jam packed everything we possibly could into those 5 short days and here's how they turned out. It was Krew's debut to about everyone we know!


My very creative sister-in-law Ashley threw Krew an AWESOME baby shower! It was so much fun seeing everyone and Krew got lots of useful stuff! Thanks mom and Kristi for helping!! It was such a blast.












Visited my sweet Grandma Corky. Last time I saw grandma was before she was diagnosed with a brain tumor so needless to say it was an emotional time for me so please excuse my crying face. This picture is still very special to me. She loved seeing her great grand baby.



The three of us were a little sleep deprived the entire trip.
Time change + not in the normal routine = sleeeepy



We all had our favorite ice cream and they even had a Krew sized one.



On October 10th we blessed Krew Cameron Rondo. We decided to do Krew's baby blessing in San Diego rather than everyone coming out here to Hawaii. Plus, it was Chase Rondo's Homecoming talk! It was a great Sunday to do everything together. Cameron gave a beautiful blessing and Chase gave a great talk. I am so grateful for our little family.









We hit the annual surf competition at Ponto! Everyone said it was such a nice summer beach day but after paddle boarding with Cameron, my goosebumps never went away. Hawaii has spoiled us with its nice warm water and weather.
My little brothers Cameron, Curtis, and Chase did an excellent job! And congrats to Lance and my Dad for placing!


Little Krew got passed around like a hot potatoe!
From Great Nana...



To cousins...



Even little cousin Avery held Krew...



We had a great time but let me tell you, we are a little sick of just having these jam-packed vacations where everyone wants to see us. We're glad to say we're moving back in less than two months!

oh and Krew slept the entire 5 hour flights both there and back. What can I say... the kid likes to be held.


6 comments:

remi said...

I LOOOOOOOVE me some coffee ice cream!

Chelsey and Casey said...

1. You are a freaking babe, as always. 2. Chase is back already?!? Those 2 years went fast! Now send him back to BYU-I so he can date my sis in law. :) 3. I love Krew! Remember how we're gonna do vacay swaps... You guys come here for a mountain trip, and we go to SD for a beach trip? We've been apart for far too long! Krew and Griff can be best buddies :) I miss you!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Except I needed to come see you while you were in HI! Anywho, I can't wait for you to come to the mainland and to meet Krew!

Anonymous said...

You are basically the most gorgeous family out there! You have to tell me where you got that skirt and jacket you wore at Krew's blessing. I have been looking for something just like that for sooo long!

mb said...

Pretty family! I can't believe your time in Hawaii is almost over! Excited? Sad? I'm sure it will be nice to be close to family!

Lindsay Rondo said...

skirt and jacket are from H&M