Tuesday, March 15, 2011

identification please...

Through the years I have found it necessary to collect all of my student id's. They are like little treasures to me and I like to occasionally show them to a friend or two for a good laugh.
Unfortunately, I somehow managed to take some of the most unattractive id pictures so let me share...

7th grade: this one wasn't too bad. As you can tell I was recently allowed to wear mascara and lip gloss to school (notice nice shiny lips below on my pre-braces chicklets)


8th grade: This was my very awkward and mouth-full-of-metal stage. No, it's not just the picture, the reason you could not see my teeth was because I had a few pounds of metal in there. Braces, the expanders, the the Herbst aplliance (huge metal bars that opened and closed that were attached to top and bottom). My parents were pretty secure in the fact that I was never going to kiss a guy with this mouth full.

I needed some serious help in this picture. Add a string of drool coming from my mouth and it would be complete. Sexy.


Freshmen year: This one is awesome. At this time, I had a little less metal in my mouth. I think I looked at this afterward and loved it because I thought it looked similar to Britney Spears. Bahahaha. Before this picture was taken, I had gone to the doctor's to have a physical for Freshman tennis (which is another story in its own self). The doctor realized I needed to catch up on a hep shot and as expected, I passed out on the way out of the office in the hall. And then I had my mom take me to get my id picture and here it is. Was I still a bit light headed?



Sophomore Year: I vividly remember this picture day because I FORGOT it was picture day! Probably the worst thing that could happen to you, right? I was in a rush that morning and somehow I thought it looked good if I only curled the front two pieces of my hair under and leave the rest below it straight.
And was I in mid-sentence? Because it sure looks like it.
And Tiffany's heart necklaces were soooo in so I got myself a fake one.



End of Junior year: This is about the time I met Cameron. This one is a little better but my eyes look like they are going two separate ways. This was a BAD picture. Everything looks just a little distorted, wide and weird.



In Hawaii I finally got a decent license picture so I can hold it without being too embarrassed.
I think the weird ones are more fun.

8 comments:

Rhitzclan said...

Hahahaha! I LOVE them! I have always held on to mine too and had some good laughs through the years with them- Good times :)

kate said...

these are awesome. I think i laughed out loud a couple times. You had braces for a long time, my sister was the same way with head gear and all...but it was worth it cause your teeth are gorgeous now! thanks for sharing. ha

and its true. Tiffany necklaces (and bracelets) were SO in!!

remi said...

this is my favorite post to date.

mid-sentence! I was DYING.

Anonymous said...

oh gosh!!

You need to put cameron's and you's (that was so not grammatically correct but I can't figure out how to say it so it sounds right) preteen license pictures on here that you showed us....

AHAHHA!!

Ashley Taylor said...

If you wouldn't have said anything about your eyes in that last one I wouldn't have noticed but now I can't stop looking. It is kind of funny.

Jana and Rob said...

Haha! This post had me cracking up! I always get a laugh when I pull out my old school pics. I was so dorky!

Erin said...

i love that you have kept these! I still have mine and james loves laughing at them!!!

kylie said...

if only you could see my pix...