Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Moving Madness



This past week has been crazy to say the least. A whirlwind of moving out and then moving in. I am about to lose my mind with the idea of how long this may take and feeling ill that it may consume the precious few weeks of summer.
Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with where we are moving into. The house is incredible and we totally lucked out on many levels.
But I just have to concentrate on one task at a time and prevent myself from being overwhelmed by the whole.

Here are a few things that are keeping me sane as we move into the new nest:

Mr. Clean magic erasers: Wonderful invention. Bath tubs are no longer a dreaded chore. I use them for everything from walls to cleaning my shoes. They have helped me clean the old place and the new.

Nutella: There was a time where I was spreading garlic artichoke humus on just about everything. This is the same thing but with nutella, minus my body giving off a strong garlic stench. I don't give myself much time to eat but I can slap nutella on something and eat it. Or just eat it plain.

My bambino: Even though he is following me around and undoing everything I am putting away, he still manages to keep me smiling.


My husband: He comes home from work thanking me for every little detail I have accomplished that day. Makes me feel like superwoman.

The moving end is near... {right?}

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, moving sucks!! GOOD LUCK!

We've been here since April I still haven't unpacked everything...OYE!

Chelsey said...

I hate moving! Miles and I are going on move #10, (#6 with a dog and #2 with a baby and a dog). I can't wait to just be settled somewhere and unpack my life knowing it can stay put for awhile! Wish I could be there to help you.

Chelsey said...

PS. this is Chelsey.

Delba Cristina said...

Hello, I can relate. I'm moving as well and it sucks. But believe, although young, your kiddo will love it! My parents were always moving when I was kid. I loved walking into a new house and exploring it! Now it sucks because of all the packing and paperwork involved. Good luck!

Unknown said...

oh my what a cutie! wait where are you guys moving to? a house, apt? where have you been since hawaii? GOOD LUCK!

Chelsey and Casey said...

Good luck with the move!! I hope it goes smoothly. Krew is the cutest little thing. I love that robe! I want to snuggle him!