Sundays are meant to be restful and a little bit lazy. Ours turned wonderful when we all took a nap at the same time... wonderful. It was a Sunday where we were supposed to have dinner at the cousins but didn't make it, resulting with the stark realization that our fridge was on empty. Between grocery shopping and the beach last week, the beach won first priority. So we got real creative with what we had, ate food that was far from first choice, and finished off our relaxing Sunday with cereal for dinner. But still ever so hungry for good food. And at 10pm, I accidentally came across ingredients for a delicious meal in our other freezer. And at 10:00 pm, I decide to make dinner and at 11:48pm, I indulge all by myself while the other two are sleeping. But what a restful day the three of us had-- playing outside in the late sunshine. Cereal and all, I wouldn't have traded it for anything.
Monday, June 11, 2012
cereal for dinner
Sundays are meant to be restful and a little bit lazy. Ours turned wonderful when we all took a nap at the same time... wonderful. It was a Sunday where we were supposed to have dinner at the cousins but didn't make it, resulting with the stark realization that our fridge was on empty. Between grocery shopping and the beach last week, the beach won first priority. So we got real creative with what we had, ate food that was far from first choice, and finished off our relaxing Sunday with cereal for dinner. But still ever so hungry for good food. And at 10pm, I accidentally came across ingredients for a delicious meal in our other freezer. And at 10:00 pm, I decide to make dinner and at 11:48pm, I indulge all by myself while the other two are sleeping. But what a restful day the three of us had-- playing outside in the late sunshine. Cereal and all, I wouldn't have traded it for anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sounds like your guys had quite the adventure haha! Must have been super fun :D
<3 Sharmaine Ruth
underpeachtrees.blogspot.com
Sometimes days like that are the best, even if there isn't any good food around. Glad you had a relaxing day!
He is just adorable......
I follow you now xx how bout a follow back and enter my giveaway?
http://imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/giveaway-time.html
Sometimes I love a bowl of cereal for dinner. No clean up ;). Sounds like a great Sunday! xo.
yes, sundays should be restful and your sounded like it should be. i've spend mine cleaning for hours, but at the end i treated myself to a smoothie and a good movie :)
you three make a pretty adorable family!
leyla.
just wanted to leave you a note- thanks for sticking the landing on the prada shades at the blog! :)
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com
i love me some cereal dinners....but they do always leaving me longing for something "real" as well!
this sounds a lot like our sundays :)
Post a Comment