me at mile 7
With a rough 5.5 hours of sleep under my belt due to a late arrival in Santa Barbara, I left my sleeping family in the hotel and walked to the starting line. I ate my breakfast I had planned out for the last week and even wore an extra hair tie just in case mine were to break (that would be devastating!). Really, I had gone over everything at least 3 times. It was freeeeeezing in the morning and I was ready to get my blood warmed up! I started the run, trying to keep up with my dear friend Kate. Miles 1-3 were hard, in any run they always are for me. It takes me at least 2 miles to get into my zone. Mile 4 was great and I started to get more energy and less nerves... Until bozo boy from behind me decided to clip my foot causing my body to fly forward and luckily catching myself before I crash landed onto my face. I turned back with a glare and bozo boy said sorry. Mile 5 and 6 I was feeling like super woman. Mile 7 I realized I was making great time and even sent a text to Cameron. Mile 8 was good, but mile 9 was tiring. And then, mile 10. The dreaded mile, the mile that was uphill that had my calves hurting and my mind questioning if I should walk the hill... No, never stop running, that was my goal. The last bit was me battling with my mind to keep up my pace and push hard. I seriously played Beyonce's "Countdown" 15 times because I knew if I ran on the beat it would keep me at a 6.0 on the treadmill. A mile left and there was my husband and my little boy waving to me and cheering me on! Krew had the biggest smile on his face and yelled, "Go mommy!!"! The last stretch seemed like forever and how grateful I was to see that finish line!I found out I had knocked 15 minutes off my last time and was extremely happy with my time!
In the end, I realized that the race was a big deal but the amount of miles I had completed in training over the last 10 weeks was the huge fete I had managed to finish.
It felt awesome, it felt great. But I did tell Cameron two things: don't ever expect me to do a full marathon and I don't know if I'll ever get that time again on a half. :) just so we're clear.
And the rest of the day was spent eating out with my wonderful friends and shopping. I was so much fun training long distance with Kate and Natalie. And my dear friend Angela came down to see me! On the drive home I told Cameron that being in Santa Barbara with friends and my family and just having a wonderful time seriously felt like my birthday (minus running 13 miles). :)



10 comments:
congrats lady! i know how nerve wrecking that is about eating right, drinking enough water, stretching, etc. wow, you knocked off 15 minutes? impressive!!
(go for a full.... ts so worth it!)
xo the egg out west.
Congratulations! WHat an amazing accomplishment!
I used to live in Santa Barbara, I miss it so much!
congratulations on your full marathon! it's nice to be reading you again. :)
you killed it! So proud of you my friend.
Linds, it was so great seeing you. Now my turn to visit you and then you can finally meet my husband haha! Krew is adorable and I love him! I had such a good time and love how it's as if we've never missed a beat after all these yrs. and I am still super impressed with your run. You are CRAZY!
awesome job linds, that's the best feeling! glad ya did it. and glad you beat your time. that pic of krew behind that door kills me haha, too cute! see you guys soon!!
Congratulations!
I should definitely sign up for one
you are such an inspiration lindasy! so proud!!! and I love your jean shirt!
congrats girl! I know how amazing it feels! Now you have to do a full :)
Congrats girl! What an accomplishment. You are so well prepared too, I'm impressed by the thought of wearing two hair elastics in case one snaps.
Post a Comment