Thursday, March 14, 2013

tea for 10



 A few weeks ago, I held a very special birthday Tea Party for my very lovely 10-year-old sister. I enjoyed decorating and doing the flowers so that the tea party would feel elegant. I forgot what an enjoyable age 10 is-- they don't think they are too cool for everything yet they are smart and fun. The second these little ladies put on their pair of gloves that were placed at each setting, they lifted pinkies and were extremely proper. They made party hats for their dolls they brought and then later decorated cupcakes. The little ladies nibbled on tiny treats and filled their teacups with sparkling juices. Fifteen years ago, I had my 10-year-old birthday party here in this very house where all my friends arrived in dresses and hats. It was wonderful to relive this little memory again and hear giggles all around the same table as my grandma Cordy would have loved and wished for.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect! Love the American Girl dolls, I want to be 10 again!

Ashley Halsey said...

This is absolutely adorable. I would have LOVED this as a kid. Too bad I didn't have an amazing big sister like you to plan it for me!

k said...

oh man these are cute :)

The Rogers said...

Oh man does this bring back memories! You are amazing and I still remember how fancy and special everything was when you had your tea party! One of the best birthdays I've ever been too!

Jessica Holly said...

This is probably the cutest thing ever.

Our Little Bubble said...

You must be an awesome big sister :)

Jana and Rob said...

This is adorable! What a great sister.