Sunday, July 17, 2011

big 1st birthdays

Krew's first birthday is coming soon! Maybe I should make a paper chain! (Anything truly exciting deserves a paper chain countdown). And with that 1 year mark comes a fabulous 1 year birthday party which I am so excited for.
I swore to myself I wouldn't do an over extravagant first birthday party but as I come nearer, it's hard to resist. Silly? Yes, a little... You could say what is a 1-yr-old going to care or remember? And rightly so.

In my quest to throw a first birthday party for the cutest little guy around, I did some extensive research and my findings were surprising. Moms throwing birthday parties that cost a small fortune!
I am not saying I am not one to go all out because I do like planning fancy parties but these are extravagant.

A few for example:
Mom throws kid a birthday and rents... Oh no, not a pony, an airplane! Wow! Details!


And look at this Elmo party!

Has anyone watched the extreme kids' birthday parties on TLC? Any good?

These parties are incredible! I'm impressed!
Like I said, I'm not saying I'm Simple Sally or Plain Jane when I comes to throwing parties but I lie somewhere in between only throwing a cake on the table to spending half a year's time and money.
But then again... If I had the funds, maybe it would be a different story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could attend, I know what ever you do with be grand! And YES, I've watched the TLC show--it's ridiculous. Almost better than my super sweet sixteen on MTV.