Monday, April 23, 2012

overcast






On Saturday, we decided to go to the beach as a family even though it was completely overcast and not super warm. Although I do love sunny days more than anything, I can't help but like a little overcast and a warm sweatshirt.

Cameron met up with my dad and brothers and surfed for a few hours what little waves were left of the day. That left Krew and I on the beach where we like to be. Krew and I played on the beach finding treasures and pretending to be bears in caves (Krew especially loves that). A little ladybug came our way and Krew watched its every move and enjoyed it crawling around all over him. We chased seagulls and visited with dogs, there was so much to be seen. It is the cutest thing to see Krew take so much interest in little creatures around him. I love that he loves the world and I'm glad we're having fun exploring it together. After a bit of surf, Cameron came in and we finished the night with family and some delicious pizza from Pizza on Pearl.

26 comments:

kylie said...

overcast days can be just as beautiful.

Nicole said...

i literally just adore your blog. you have no idea what an inspiration you are to me. from your inpeccible mothering skillz, to your effortless style, the way you seem unmoved by normal bloggy pressures. you are just so real and . . . i just don't know what to say besides wonderful.

love you girl!

kimberrleigh said...

So cute! Overcast days are sometimes the best days :)

kimberrleigh said...

So cute! Overcast days are sometimes the best days :)

Andrea D said...

My husband and I had a little beach date Friday evening and it was overcast and cold for us, too. But still fun shivering under our blanket and taking goofy pictures.
Krew's ladybug friend is too funny :)

Stesha said...

i am loving these photos. the peace sign on the rock sets the mood for the day!

xx

The Roberts said...

We were down at the children's pool on Saturday. So much fun! We should meet up and have one of these cloudy beach days together!

Lindsay said...

Adorable photos! Love the lady bug shots.

Unknown said...

Such cute photos!
xx



The Urban Umbrella
xoxo


http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

I'm with you on chilly days and sweaters!

Anna said...

I love the ladybug pictures, so adorable!

A Brew of Blessings said...

Those sandy hands are precious :)

Katie said...

Such cute pictures! I love how fascinated he is by the little things in the world around him...I could stand to learn from that :)

Emily said...

Krew is such a cutie pie! And your hair is just plain gorgeousness! :)

Mariana said...

This sounds so nice!!
Krew is such a cutie! And these photos are really beautiful, especially the two with ladybug. :)
BTW, you look stunning!

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

...AND cloudy days at the beach make for beautiful pictures. So there ya go! Haha
xoxo,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream

Ash said...

i love those lady bug pictures- too cute..

and yes, an overcast day at the beach can be quite delightful (:

Urban Nester said...

Looks like the Oregon Coast :]

molly
http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

Rach said...

Love it! Cloudy days at the beach can be fun too!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a beautiful day even though it was overcast- the photos turned out lovely! Krew's little hand with the lady bug on it is so cute! That photo is so cool!

xo Kayla

Jaclyn said...

mmm, pizza on pearl!

Francesca C said...

very nice pictures :)
Thefunnygame

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Sounds like a perfect day at the beach. I adore overcast days and warm sweatshirts too.
i miss living by the sea so much!

kylie said...

i always enjoy an overcast day. i just posted about how foggy it was last week in ventura. it's so pretty though, kinda eerily romantic. anywho. miss you linds!

Giovanna said...

Super cute photos! Krew is adorable! Looks like a fun day!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com