Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I hate needles.

Soooooooo..... yesterday i had to get a TB test for work (as most jobs require here). I was dreading it all day. Cameron agreed to come with me because I told him that I might pass out. Sometimes I get dizzy when needles are around. Anyhow, we went to the north shore and then on the way back decided to go get the TB test done with. I started feeling dizzy right when i got there but worked through it until I got in the room to do it. I warned the nurse that I faint and she said okay and went on. It kinda hurt but wasn't bad and I finished. And then... I started feeling dizzy.

Okay that's the usual. I'll just put my head down in between my legs so I can get blood flowing back up to it.

Cameron called me back up to go and I didn't respond back. He lifted up my head and I was drooling! (how embarrassing!!) Several nurses and a doctor came over and about 45 seconds later I woke back up while crying. I said to them while crying, "I think I passed out." It took a while to get out the door and Cameron brought the car up to the front.
For making it through the TB test, Cameron got me a ice cream sundae for my treat. :)



I hate needles.

I felt bad for Cameron but it was kinda funny afterwards.

I went over and held neighbor baby Gwen today! She's adorable and so is miss Addy. And it's neighbor baby Eden's first birthday tomorrow!! Babies all over!!

Okay... well it's off to the gym. Gotta work off the tube of BBQ Pringles I just ate. :)

6 comments:

Rondo Family said...

Lindsay that is so sad! Yikes, don't get prego for a while. I totally hate needles too, but I've had to have blood drawn a few times now, so I'm getting used to it. The first time I totally made Lance go with me too:) I'm surprised Cam went with you. He's the biggest chicken of needles ever! Didn't you hear about how the nurse had to chase him around the room?! He must really love you:)

Chelsey and Casey said...

Linds, I'm sorry! I used to faint when I was little, though I am not afraid of needles. I am glad your hubby took good care of you. :)

.From Her. said...

OH GOSH! Don't even get me started... I spent my night last night at the ER with one of my poor RA's that sliced up her hand really bad.... ew....

Rondo Family said...

Time to update:)

Unknown said...

i saw TB and was sucked in - i just had one a few weeks ago and was feeling quite anxious as well. My boyfriend however showed up at the house with a tiny tube of Emla Cream. I put it on my skin and when it was time i didnt feel a thing! I am not sure if you can get it where you are but you can read about it at www.ihateneedles.co.uk

Haleigh Foreverts said...

I HATE NEEDLES!

I haven't had a vaccine in over 4 years. They hurt and terrify me. Proud of you for doing it! Wish I could be strong like you.