Sunday, September 21, 2008

24 hr. make-over

Last Wednesday, Cameron traveled to San Diego to visit his family, attend his brother Chase's farewell and his nephew Trey's baby blessing. Cameron is there till Tuesday so that leaves me here alone. I invited my newly engaged friend Kate over to stay with me in the meantime (Her fiance is out of town too!). So Kate and I have had some great girls time.

Now if Cameron is reading this, don't. Unless you don't want a surprise on Tuesday.

So while Cameron has been gone,

(Cameron don't look at the blog even though you probably won't check it)

I decided to play room make-over while he's gone!

Since living here, Cameron has adored having an office. Cameron likes to have close to silence while he studies and the office is a perfect place he can close himself into. We thought about painting it a while ago but never got around to it. He said he wanted very "happy" colors so that's what I did.

So yesterday I hit downtown, bought my supplies and did a room makeover.

Okay so here is the room before: (I realized as I started taping that I should do before and after shots) Ya it was really unorganized before as well.ya... gross.
So I got some ideas and BAM!
Here's the after:
Happy enough?

Pat on the back for me. :)


the bedroom's tomorrow!



18 comments:

Arica said...

WOW! i am so impressed! good for you! seriously. waaay jealous. i wish we could put paint on our walls. :(

Stephanie Vogel said...

That is so cute, looks all Polynesian ha, that's probably just me though. I too wish I could paint my sick white walls

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! you're amazing! it looks so great!!!! and im sure cameron will LOVE it.

next project: MY HOUSE :)

The Price Family said...

That i sooo cute!!! Good Job. you can come over and do my place whenever you feel like it.

Chelsey and Casey said...

looks so good linds! did you tape off those boxes yourself? they are perfect! i think you have a future in interior design, really!!

Melissa said...

that is really cute! what a good idea!

Erin said...

you are amazing! i want you to come do my house. was that just a stencil or what?!

stef j. said...

so you're amazing. yep.

bravo!

Lindsay Rondo said...

I actually just measured pieces of tape and stuck it to the wall.
Thanks for all the compliments!

rachele and jordan said...

Wow!! This is amazing. I love it!

Jana and Rob said...

Your office looks great! I'm always impressed with people that can do creative things with just tape and paint. I think he'll love it.

Jana and Rob said...

P.S. How long did it take to do all the tape?

Lindsay Rondo said...

the painting was the easy part. The taping took a while because I had to measure and mark everything. but so worth it. :)

stef j. said...

me again ... where did you get the mail-holding envelope wall-hanging??

Lindsay Rondo said...

The mail thing I got from Pier 1.

Rondo Family said...

What a good wife you are:) Cameron is going to love it. You're so creative. We missed you this week. I can't wait until Christmas. It's going to be so great to have everyone together!

perdue family said...

Lindsay... you're hired as my interior designer for life. So you'll be moving to Carlsbad so when we buy a house you can decorate it. Nice work woman!

Brooke said...

Nice work Lindsay! That wall is sweet. I have been painting my house lately, nothing like your masterpiece. It is so- time consuming, I seriously started at 7 am one day didn't stop (to eat or anything else) until 6pm. But it is definitely rewarding.