Monday, January 26, 2009

a haircut disaster


I love Cameron's hair longer.
That's how he had it almost 7 years ago when I first met him and I still like it that way. Since Cameron goes to BYU-Hawaii, the hair cut code is pretty strict. We can barely get him in the testing center with his usually shagginess.
This week Cameron has been asking me over and over again to give him a hair cut. No, I am not a cosmetologist or someone who has ever had any previous experience cutting hair except maybe on my barbie dolls. Over the past year I have given him several haircuts and they've been bearable.
Tonight, Cameron begs me at 10:00 pm to give him a haircut before school tomorrow. So, I'm not so much in the mood for giving him a haircut, cleaning it up, I'm tired, but... sure, I'll do it. What the heck.
So I start rapidly snipping away as if I'm a pro. Cameron looks into the mirror and then gives me a suggestion to cut a lot off the top because it looks like a front mullet. Side note: Last time Cameron gave me a suggestion (to cut his bangs straight across... I'm sure you can imagine) I did it and it looked hideous. So I listened to him tonight and started chopping the front of his hair off. And then I glanced back to look at my work. My eyes welled up with tears, Cameron starts laughing uncontrollably, I start laughing with tears falling down my face, then crying , then laughing with Cameron again, and it goes on. Poor Cameron. It was both of our faults but lets just say it's not his best doo.
Luckily, Cameron enjoys wearing hats.

Day after note: haha... Today Cameron got called out for having a mullet from two separate friends at school. I really did chop off the front.

11 comments:

cecily said...

Haha!! Good job Linds! Where's the picture? It isn't easy to cut a longer guys cut. I'm proud of your attempt. I'm sure it doesn't look that bad. But, they say "the difference between a good haircut and a bad hair cut is 2 weeks..." haha.

remi said...

I demand a picture.

Arica said...

ohh bless your heart. i know what it's like for that to happen! andrew did that right before we got married and i may have cried. .. :/ ..it'll grow back, don't you worry.

Jessica said...

What a sweet wife you are.. and what a sweet husband for just laughing and willing to wear a hat :) And yes I would love to see a picture! Im sure it isnt as bad as you make it sound.

kylie said...

you know what's so funny about this? i totally just did the same thing to my husband. he had really long hair all this time traveling, as you can see on my blog, and needed a hair cut. he wanted me to do it. i totally screwed it up dude, he had a mullet for 24 hours then we chopped it but then i cut it too short so we buzzed it. very funny.

Anonymous said...

i feel the same way about aaron's hair. i love him which ever way, but i def prefer the long locks, it's always sad when they cut them off.

i'm with remi: PICTURE! or i guess i'll just wait till sunday when he can't wear a hat, HA!

stef j. said...

picture picture picture!

that is SO hilarious!

and i can seriously cut it whenever he wants for free. no biggie. just give me call. i'm always free. :)

Rondo Family said...

Hahaha. I want to see pictures!!! You don't want to take them now, but a year from now you'll look back and laugh histerically! Good for you for attmepting though. Lance won't let me come anywhere near his hair:)

Steve Kolb said...

i'm sure it's not that bad, cameron is a good looking guy, he'll be able to pull it off...i wouldn't be surprised if 10 other guys show up with the same haircut by tomorrow :) i know how you feel though, sounds a lot like my last experience with steve's hair...we ended up shaving it all.

Chelsey and Casey said...

I completely screwed up Casey's hair 3 weeks ago, so I know what you're sayin. The back of his head looked like it had steps in it!

mb said...

Yeah, I definitely want a picture.

Oh and I went to cosmo school and I still mess up people's hair sometimes....it happens... One time I totally missed this one section on Scott's hair in the back...I kept pretending that it was fine everytime Scott would say something about it.