Thursday, October 20, 2011

natural habitat



Whenever Cameron and I would drive up the north shore while living in Hawaii, I often reminded him that this was one of my natural habitats. I loved the feel, the greenery, the waves, the atmosphere it was close to perfection. I reminded him that San Diego was my other natural habitat (the same animal can be found in two different places).

I think he thought it was a little odd and maybe my phrasing was a bit zoological, but like any other animal, we have our natural habitats where we feel just right.

Where is your natural habitat/s?
(you have the whole world to choose from...)

20 comments:

Susan Borland said...

I'm definitely feeling at home on the beach. though I was raised in chicago. And live landlocked in Texas, you're right, the waves, the warmth of the sun. it feels right. I could really go for that right now.
and anywhere that I am warm. I love that.

love,
suze

susanborland.blogspot.com

Arica said...

those are MY natural habitats! we must be the same bird...

although this place is really starting to feel natural..

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

The California beaches are absolutely my natural habitat :)

Unknown said...

my natural habitat=hawaii. you summed it up perfectly. going back to utah in december is not going to be an easy thing.

Fash Boulevard said...

i would do anything to live in Hawaii for a little while. So inspiring. so happy I came across your blog. totally following. I'd love if you'd check out my style and fashion blog and see if you'd like to follow. I'd love to hear what you think of my JewelMint photo shoot. thanks love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
Adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist.

Haley said...

the hubs has promised he'll take me to hawaii some day :) your photos are beautiful!

my natural habitat is the great NW :) I grew up in the rain I miss it!...but Utah's 4 distinct seasons is great too ;)

kait said...

anywhere with mild winters! My Body does not know what to do when it snows haha.

Daniela said...

it's definitely somewhere warm and tropical... I'd love to vacation to Hawaii one day!

Anonymous said...

Birds of a feather you and I! I am desperately missing my CA habitat! Take me back! Now, why don't YOU come back and fulfill your dream of living in a bus on the north shore for a few months..... :)

Jessie said...

Small world! I grew up in Hawaii and San Diego! I have to visit at least once a year to get my beach fix. :) It is so beautiful. But being a military brat, I've learned to embrace the beauty in every place. The wide open spaces of Idaho feel like home now.

Beautiful blog. Love the set-up. And your boy is darling.

Lauren Drugan said...

Ah, love it! My natural habitat is the mountains. Specifically in a cabin in the mountains. Thanks for inspiring me to think about this wonderful, calm place for a few minutes today :)

Marcos and Angela said...

i am in dire need of my natural habitat-california, i my childhood in southern, middle school and up-san francisco. either/or is where i roam... tough i keep gettin stuck in the boonie. that will change soon :) love u linds!

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

Um you are such a cute family!!! Your baby is darling too :) I have a friend who has a baby named Krew too! Random! Anyways, natural habitats. I love Colorado and Utah because I lived both places...the mountains but I do love the beach!!

Kate said...

we are the same animal.

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

Being raised in Utah I love the mountains aka "Slopes" but vacations are always the beach... Since marrying my European husband and traveling that wayI think another habitat could be wandering the streets of Austria and Italy.... :)

Krystal said...

I love to be surrounded by greenery as well. Hawaii and San Diego would be AMAZING to me.

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

http://krystallitt.blogspot.com

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

WOW! you have a wonderful natural habitat :) mine is also the beach considering I grew up in the city on the coast :)

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

ftashion said...

Think I'm a urban being growing up in the city, but I would very much love to live in the country side, with the woods and rivers!


Ash :o)
ftashion

Unknown said...

Liv's natural habitat is a City by the beach!
I am always feeling a bit cold so my natural habitat is definitely a hot climate with the ocean close by.
But I am a real city girl as well.
That's where I feel home.
Sydney comes so close to perfection, I am looking forward to our new home.

Jamie said...

I am the same! I've lived my adulthood on Oahu and on the beach in San Diego. I am moving to the East Coast in 2 weeks. I am not ready for the cold!