Friday, October 14, 2011

weirdy

In high school, my older brother said to me,

"You're weird. Just like mom is."


At the time of teenagdom, I was mortified to be compared anything close to my mom. That comment has obviously stuck with me.
But I accept it, yes, I have a bizarre sense of humor like my mother. And that is why we watched SNL together whenever we could on a Saturday night.

And that is why when my baby is getting his messy 1st birthday cake pictures taken, I do something like this. Bizarre but oh so funny.



Hopefully Krew won't be too embarrassed by me in years to come.


picture by the little's

Are you at all like your mama??

p.s. Speaking of humor, want a Friday laugh? I love this video of a little girl reading a kitten book. I want one of her.

35 comments:

jkd said...

Aw! so cute. I'd love to be like my mom, she's awesome.

Anonymous said...

And this is why I love YOU! (speaking of the email you just sent me) :) That kitty video gets me every time "we're in haaaa waaaaaiiiii"

Jade said...

Cute pictures. :)

SUZE said...

oh my goodness, people tell me all the time I'm like my mom. At first I shied away from it. Now I take it as a compliment. My mom is awesome and everyone adores her tall and willowy, "I saw this at a garage sale and thought of you" self.

love,

SUZE

susanborland.blgospot.com

Haley said...

first, as a teenager I was totally with you and did NOT want to be compared to my mom ;) But now that I'm older people tel me all the time I am definitely my mother's daughter, and I love it.

second, Brooks and I love the "kittens inspired by kittens" video!! seriously, last week we watched it about 5 times in a row together. lol

Haley said...

PS - and his 1st birthday cupcake shoot is adorable and insanely funny :) nice work! Happy Birthday Krew! (has his birthday passed, or is it coming up?)

TheOtherSideofCool said...

These pics are adorable :) xx

Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool

kait said...

ah, I still debate in my head whether it's a good thing or a bad thing to be compared to my mom. It depends on the trait they are referring to I think haha.

amanda jane said...

such a cute little family. :)

Chelsey said...

In high school I was always terrified to become anything like my mom, but now that I am a mom I hope for the opposite. Looking back my mom was the greatest mom and I can only hope to have her intuition. I love your sense of humor Linds.. you crack me up. And Krew is, as always, adorable!

Rolled Up Pretty said...

Ha ha LOVE this! My siblings ALWAYS compare me to my mom too. LOVE it now that I'm older. AND LOVE that picture of the doll with cake on it's face. Oh my gosh, hilarious!

❤ Meghan said...

as i get older, i'm starting to realize i'm exactly like my mom! and i also realize it's not so bad. :)

those photos are adorable!! how did you come up with that? love it!

Sarah said...

big kitty "I'm her mom" little kitty "No she's not"

Hahahahaha that is sooooo cute!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

btw everyone says I"m just like my mom too.

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

Senja said...

thanks so much for the comment & compliments on my blog.

i actually really like the idea you had for your sons birthday :) it doesn't always have to be like everybody else takes photos :) fun!

xo senja

Fleur De Moi said...

I love the photos. Very funny.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

In your case, I think "weird" is another word for creative! Yes, I'm turning into my "momma" more and more each day. Lucky for me, she's amazing!

Jessica Dimas said...

You have the cutest photos :)

Sharmaine Ruth said...

Awww how adorable! :D This is such a cute post!

<3 Sharmaine Ruth
underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

his little lady said...

i'm only like my mom in the sense that we both have some temper when we get pushed to it. i don't know if that was a good quality to pick up, ha.
and these pictures are simply adorable!!
xo TJ

Anonymous said...

haha, I hope you embarrass him tons! That photo is so funny. I love when people make stuff their own.

I had to leave a comment because I realize more and more how much my mom and I are alike! My dad and brothers always tease my mom about being so silly and bubbly, like overly excited. Now when I'm being silly they will say, "oh, you are just like mom!" I guess she and I just have the same sense of humor! Also, neither of us can hide our emotions well. And all that talking? I'm just like her! I talk everything to death! I've never met your mom, but she must be cool! And I think you LOOK so much alike!

ftashion said...

Love the photos! You have such a lovely family. My hubby always says that I'm a photocopy of my mom. :)

Ash :o)
ftashion

Mary and Dyer said...

My goodness, Krew could not be any cuter! I'm pretty sure that I say that everytime I'm here, but he is so precious!! Totally love the cake pictures... so sweet :)

xox

Candace Shiflet said...

awh your son is soooo cute! I love that cake picture idea :)

Lovely Little Rants

Katie said...

Not to sound like a parrot, but your son is ADORABLE. And yes, I am a bit like my mom...more than I want to admit sometimes :) But she is AWESOME, so I guess it's ok ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm as weird as my mom, too. (:

Melissa said...

haha... love Krew's face in that picture!

i need to know the story behind the doll. was it his toy? or just a doll who happened to be lying around?

Gloria e Rogerio said...

We love your look, and beautiful.
We love your blog, it's wonderful and we are following you.
We wish you a great weekend.
Many kisses Glorinha
We are the creators of the earring flower of life.
http://sbrincos.blogspot.com

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

I used to hate being compared to my mom and now I think it's my biggest compliment! So funny (and wonderful!) how the times change!! Love the pics!!

Xoxo, Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights

Sierra said...

Aww how adorable! I love being like my mom. She is just amazing and I'm so blessed to have her in my life!

Professor Fancy Pants said...

Oh ain't this the truth!! So true. Every year I look more and more like my mother and I love it. It's like having a little piece of her with me all the time.

Stephanie said...

That photo is awesome. I think we can't help but be a little like our mothers. The BF says every now and then I'll make a face that looks exactly like my mom. You just can't help it sometimes!

liz said...

Hahah! That's so funny and weird. I love it. And he is so cute. Your baby, not the creepy baby.

Ambyr said...

Adorable messy photo! And yes, I have tendencies like both of my parents and when I catch myself doing something I get mad, but then laugh because it's really not that big of a deal, it's just funny.

xoxo
http://www.thewrittenrunway.com

Haylee said...

K you're little guy is ADORABLE. Seriously one of the cutest little kids I've ever seen. (And that's saying something, considering that I have nephews of my own so technically I should probably be saying they are the cutest. ha) He is adorable though, his cute little face is killing me.

Kim said...

Lol! I like your sense of humor! That kittens video is a good one. haha. Thanks for commenting on my human jack-o-lanterns post. I am your newest follower :)