








As much as we wanted Cameron (dad) to come with us to Catalina Island, he had to go back to work. The second we arrived home from mammoth pools, I was unpacking, washing all our stuff, and repacking again. We had less than 12 hours from the time we got home to get on our 5 a.m. boat! Needless to say, I didn't sleep much.
Krew and I tiredly boarded the boat with the rest of my family and off to Catalina we went. The first thing I notice was the water. Although not too far from Long Beach, the water is much clearer over in Catalina. We got off the boat at Two Harbors, the more rural part of the island. For the first two days of the trip, we had decided to camp! Like we hadn't gotten enough camping for the last 8 days ;). The camping is waaaay different though. This was beach camping with wide-open spaces and grazing buffalo! We took the craziest Catalina safari bus ride over to the campsite (I still have vivid memories of taking this bus as a child, it is slightly scary). The beaches over on this side look like what you would imagine a California beach that was never touched. It was beautiful and peaceful and we had all of the time in the world to play, surf little waves, eat, and have bonfires at night.
And surprisingly after all this camping, I still wasn't even sick of camping.
Next up, we venture into the city of Avalon on Catalina Island...
8 comments:
what a fun vacation. I love all your one piece bsuits miss!!
xxS
REALLY AMAZING POST!
HIP&CHIPS
wow! wow! wow!!
This looks stunning.
lovely boy!
wow thats awesome, sounds so fun! love krews sandy face and your cute blue suit, never seen that one yet!
Catalina and camping are SOOO fun!
Krew is seriously the cutest little thing ever!
That last photo looks like it should be in a magazine! Looks like you had so much fun!
Such a beautiful place. you guys must have had the best time. You all look fabulous and so happy.
Post a Comment