Tuesday, September 27, 2011

kristin is coming...





pictures circa 2007

Today one of my best friends is coming to visit me, Kristin! We were college roommates together, placed in randomly or shall we say it was fate. Maybe heaven sent.
I don't think that meeting and being placed in the same apartment was just an accident.
Is this starting to sound like a love story?
We both have a passion for shopping (and how appropriate is it that her due date is Black Friday), we studied the same major at school, enjoy the same types of things, we were engaged within a month from each other, wedding planned together, the list could continue.

And she's coming to visit me 7 months pregnant! I feel loved. I hope I can make her comfortable while she's here and we better not do too much walking around because I don't think her husband would be too happy if she went into labor.

On another note, does anyone have any recommendations for a good conditioner that doesn't flatten your hair down? I have straight hair as it is so I don't need anything to flatten or unfrizz, just volume! I continue to buy ones I don't like and I feel like I'm starting to resemble a wet dog.

Suggestions please...

17 comments:

Professor Fancy Pants said...

I like plain old dove conditioner, but I've heard that rinsing your hair with white vinegar can actually work really well. I haven't tried it yet but I heard about it on Simple Mom.

Lindsay Rondo said...

white vinegar? sounds interesting... would i be stinky afterward though?

Chase + Destiny said...

I just came across your blog and love it. your little boy is adorable.

Unknown said...

I'm loving my Dove conditioner right now!
Just came across your blog today...your little family is precious!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Conditioners without sulfates and parabens are supposed to be the best for keeping hair light. Also, Melinda told me this -- but shampooing my hair twice has done wonders for volume! It gets all the oil and dirt out.

Oh, and one of my besties from college and I did a girls trip in May. It was heavenly! She was 7 months pregnant too.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Big Sexy? I like it, I probably should be using the opposite!

Unknown said...

Have fun with your friend! I wish I had your problem-my hair is so thick, dry and has TOO much volume. I still haven't found a shampoo/conditioner I love and I've been searching for years. The things we have to do...

~ Angela
grahamandangela.blogspot.com

Angela [Simply Simple Me] said...

Aw, one of my best friends is my roomie from college too (also a love story). Have so much fun :)

No idea about the hair products, my hair is too large and wavy!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

So exciting that your pregnant BFF is coming to visit!! Have a blast!!

Katie said...

Having old friends come to visit is the BEST feeling. Making new friends is fun, too, but your old friends just automatically GET you. You don't ever have to explain yourself.

And I always feel the same way about my hair, but believe me - your hair is GORGEOUS and you certainly do not look like a wet dog :)

... said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your blog! I will definitely follow it. :) I have long, straight hair and I swear by Sebastion Light (found at Ulta). :) Have fun with your friend!

Unknown said...

def one from a hair salon. bed head is reallly good and so is pureology. it did wonders for mine (different hair types duh haha, but they have it for volumizing too!) it even makes the scalp tingle! but its way expensive :/

TheOtherSideofCool said...

Ahh best friends reunited :) thats so sweet that shes coming to visit when SO pregnant haha! I hope you both have a great time, its important to keep in contact with the people who mean this much to us xx

Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool

Professor Fancy Pants said...

Regarding the vinegar: apparently it rinses out really well. I've heard rinsing with cold water (or at least cool water) can help too. But like I said, I've never tried it myself. Perhaps I will soon. I'll report back!!

Jessica Ruud said...

Cute pictures!! I love when you are reunited with your bestie.

I just love your blog hun!! And I'm on Pinterest too!

Come find me: Jess Ruud

xo.

Rebekka Seale said...

I have really fine, straight blonde hair, and I LOVE pure abundance by Aveda. It's lovely...and lasts forever, so it doesn't seem so expensive :)

Chris and Nickels said...

It's all about Pureology. I can get it half off. I love the hydrating (purple) one! It's the only shampoo/conditioner I recommend to clients.