Sunday, September 11, 2011

picnic in balboa park/hillcrest

















I think this is the first weekend in a while where our weekend wasn't booked with plans.
We ventured out on Saturday night to Tioli's Crazeee Burger (thanks to Lacee and Matt!). Crazy is right. Any burger you can imagine: Buffalo, Alligator, Kangeroo, Antelope, Venison, Crab, Wild Boar. I got the 1/2 beef 1/2 lamb Santorini and Cameron got the venison with braised pears and mushrooms. Both were delicious. We'll be back there soon.

What a wonderful Sunday picnic we had at Balboa park/hillcrest park. We enjoyed a tasty dinner out in the open air. Krew was getting a little tired (refer to crying picture) so we took a stroll around Balboa park.
As we were admiring the beautiful architecture, I said to Cameron, "You have to admit, this makes you want to stay closer to downtown."
Right then, a homeless man drops his drawers and pees out in the open-- no cover. Cameron replied, "Ya, that right there makes me want to live close to downtown."
touché.


how did you spend your weekend?

19 comments:

natalie vilos said...

Loving the red lipstick!...... Looked like a fun quiet weekend, besides the bum peeing on the side of the road....ha ! Love u guys

Sonja said...

haha bad timing,
homeless man!
Looks like SUCH a good weekend!
Your outfit is awesome! ...so are the photos...aww the crying ones are cute.
and yay! for the following thingamabobber, thanks for letting me know! :o)

Sonja said...

haha bad timing,
homeless man!
Looks like SUCH a good weekend!
Your outfit is awesome! ...so are the photos...aww the crying ones are cute.
and yay! for the following thingamabobber, thanks for letting me know! :o)

Sharstin said...

What a cute fam you have:) and I adore balboa park, looks a blast~

Barbara said...

Looks like fun, I love Balboa Park. (You look like you belong in Paris)

erica marie said...

Beautiful photos, this looks like a lovely way to spend the day. I love your conversation about living close to downtown.

erica
seaofbloomingdreams.blogspot.com

Whitney said...

I love Balboa park! I've decided that San Diego is much prettier than LA! Our beaches and parks are no where as pretty as down there. My husband has actually been looking for jobs down that way. We are getting sick of the busy-ness up here!

Unknown said...

That is too funny!

I love Balboa Park; we check it out everytime we go to San Diego, even if it's just a drive-by. My husband and I can't wait to move down there soon.

Hope you guys survived the black out!

~ Angela
grahamandangela.blogspot.com

mb said...

hey, I say most downtowns are still pretty fun...you just have to sometimes put your head down and keep walking!

also, you look awesome.

Derek & Brittany said...

We frequent Balboa park whenever we come visit! So beautiful. Those crying pictures are too cute

Arica said...

can i first just say that you are one hot mama. like for real though lindsay, gorgeous! and you know andrew and i have a similar debate that never ends about california in general. he LOVES the beauty of the place, but there is ALWAYS some nutt job around to make my love for this place seem ridiculous. haha.

Anonymous said...

Rockin the red lipstick and middle part! You inspired me to do the middle part but I only lasted for a few days. I just feel like I'm in 8th grade again, but YOU ROCK IT!

I love Balboa. LOOOVEEE!! Everyone who asks what to do when visiting san diego, I send them there.

Anonymous said...

Rockin the red lipstick and middle part! You inspired me to do the middle part but I only lasted for a few days. I just feel like I'm in 8th grade again, but YOU ROCK IT!

I love Balboa. LOOOVEEE!! Everyone who asks what to do when visiting san diego, I send them there.

Le Chat Noir said...

Beautiful pictures! Love your outfit!
blackfashionbird.blogspot.com

Melu103 said...

awwwwwwwwww your pictures
are adorable!!

Looks like you guys had
a lot of fun in the park

:) you have the cutest
family <3

thanks for stopping by my blog
and yes i love to smell good! :)

kisses and hugs from LA !


www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

Kimbah said...

You are beautiful as is your family.

katie [the bright life] said...

Gaaaaaaaaah I love Balboa!! We used to practice there all the time when I did cross country in college...such a beautiful place! ...with some interesting people, of course. :) Xo, Katie

Denise Pacurar said...

Just looked through some of your blog and am loving it! I randomly came across it and was like omg, what a cute family! I love your style also!!!

xoxo Denise

http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

Rach said...

Oh I love Balboa Park. I could spend all day wandering the gardens and art museums. I used to live in San Diego and miss it so much sometimes!