Monday, September 26, 2011

picnic at orpheus park













This last picture was the funniest thing to me. Krew sailing on the zip-line.

There is a quiet little park on the top of a hill where we picnicked on Sunday. The sun was overhead with a cooler ocean breeze from the sea. Perfect combination in my book.We ate some food and gave our baby the bones. :)

We played on the playground. By the way, have you women ever tried the monkey bars or zip line or anything where you're holding your entire body weight recently? Well it's hard. I swear I could do monkey bars like a pro and 3 pull ups in junior high but I don't know what has happened. I will spare myself the embarrassment and NOT post the pictures Cameron took.

And we found this tame-looking spinning thing that Cameron thought would be a good idea to spin me on (after the baby was off). Well it got out of control and I was yelling "stop!" and Cameron didn't understand I wanted off. So he stopped pushing but I was still spinning and still yelling "Stop! Stop! Stop!" He's saying "I stopped pushing already!" and I'm thinking he thinks this is darn funny as I'm about to fly off this dumb little thing and puke my milano cookies out. Miscommunication there. Cameron was laughing pretty hard though which has me questioning...

The rest of our weekend was spent at the Rondo's house, eating yummy thai food at Siamese Basil with family in town, attending the Relief Society broadcast, celebrating birthdays and lots and lots of family time. Isn't that how it should be?

26 comments:

Megan Marie said...

you are adorable!!!!! Krew is so dang handsome! i really love your style! i'm a follower!

Professor Fancy Pants said...

That looks like an awesome afternoon to me!

That's one cute kid!

Ben + Amanda said...

I just saw your comment and found your cute blog! Thank you! I would LOVE it if you could refer me :) I would totally hook you up with a discounted photo shoot, etc, etc :) And how cute is your blog?! LOVe it!

Castleberry Photography said...

Oops, that was my personal account :)

Libby said...

your outfit and especially that skirt is beautiful!

Kendra said...

Well, your blog is just as cute :) And what a handsome little guy. We just left sunny So Cal :( We miss it.

katilda said...

um...your skirt...i..um........does drool permanently damage a computer keyboard? i might need to know right now.

Lauren Drugan said...

Lindsay I love the posts you write about family picnics! I can tell how much you value family time from your words :) Also - I absolutely love your skirt. And I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to monkey bars! ;)

Erin Jane said...

Your little guy is so cute! Maybe someday we will live in the same place again and our boys can go on fun adventures together!

Jessica Dimas said...

I agree with the other - very cute blog! I love that last photo also, you should frame it.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh this post made me laugh so hard in the library! way too funny! and so true. little parks for children is a whole other story for adults. i remember when i was a nanny taking the boys to parks i felt like such a wuss on the monkey bars and any bar to lift yourself whatsoever. they all made fun of me, it was hilarious too funny about the spinny thing, i feel same way. just know youre not alone :) at least you looked super hot doing it all ;) cute outfit!!

Unknown said...

Love the photos! I hear ya on the monkey bars; I did them all the time as a kid but now I'm just physically incapable!

We go to Knotts Scary Farm every year and we love it. It's not quite as intense as Universal and the mazes and monsters aren't as crazy but you still get scared. Plus you get to do all the roller coasters. So it depends on how much you can handle. If you love getting scared and don't mind things being more adult and intense then do Universal. If you want something a little more mild then go with Knotts. Plus there you can get yummy funnel cake! :)

kylie said...

seriously lindsay? you are too sexy. stop it.

Meredith Sledge said...

You are so gorgeous! Gosh! I loooooove that first picture.

his little lady said...

aw, this looks like so much fun! krew's little cheeks are just adorable! love your skirt!!
xo TJ

Mary and Dyer said...

These pictures are sooo cute! You seriously have the prettiest family & I am obsessed with your skirt!! xox

Come Visit Soon!
Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Hahahahaha! I have certainly not tried pull-ups or monkey bars in a very very long time...and I probably won't attempt it anytime soon!
Looks like a super-fun day with the family!

India said...

nice pics!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Awww this looks like the sweetest day! The last picture is pretty cite:-)

Rach said...

ok...could your family be any more gorgeous?! Your long flowy skirt is perfect for a day at the park!

alicia said...

what a gorgeous family!!

Unknown said...

These are so cute. Your outfit looks amazing.
It really suits you.

brooke field said...

cute family :) and i love your picnic basket!

Kristal said...

How cute are you guys?!? What a great blog, I can't wait to read more.

Kristal
http://sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

Amazing picture and amazing outfit, you look so good in this picture, I love your skirt and that blouse is perfect, the perfect touch and your little guy is beyond adorable! You have a lovely blog and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by today! your outfit is adorable! :) How fun to have a "real" picnic at the park!!!