the simple dot and the perfectly imperfect chevron + yarn pom poms
This year I have seen a lot of folks around the internet making the homemade wrapping paper. I am not one to take pride in my wrapping, I'm usually more of a gift bag type-- no tape involved. But I decided to change it up a little bit and make some wrapping paper and toppers myself. If you try it, get ready to oooooh and ahhh over your homemade perfection. :) I love the touch of homemade wrapping paper. It's one more way to make a gift a little more personal. And Krew helped me make some for his gifts for his grandparents!
And the pom poms are super easy. I originally planned to make these for my tree but now they are going on presents too. More pom poms please!
Here's how to make them. Watch a holiday flick and pom away, my friends. And today I'm guest blogging over here! (And on Saturday I guest blogged here!)
1) cut out two "c" like shapes that are identical. They can vary in size depending how big you want your pom pom to be.
2) stack your two "c"'s on top of each other so they line up perfectly. Then wrap the yarn around. Doing more will make a fully pom pom. This does not have to be perfect.
3) Once you've wrapped, put your "c" down on the table (usually have to hold it down with one hand) and with scissors, cut in between the two "c"'s of card board. Be carefully that your yarn doesn't move too much.
4) hold down the entire time like this as you cut. Cut all the way around.
5) Being careful, have a loose string (that you should have ready before you start) and tie it in between the two cardboard "c"'s
6) tie it real tight again creating a knot around all the pieces of yarn. Pull off cardboard c's and fluff and trim your pom pom. easy cheese.

13 comments:
You are oh-so-cute!! I like taking some pine off the tree and pitting a little branch on the bow of my presents!!
Tanandmeg.blogspot.com
very cute i love it. looks time consuming. did you do it for all your gifts or just some?
Why have I not seen the homemade wrapping paper before?! This is the cutest idea ever!!
super cute!
cute! I love the pompoms
i love this wrapping! so cute and so easy! and the poms poms are the cutest. definitely be doing that!
Wow! Looks great! What a fun project!
ohh i remember making poms poms when i was younger! the brown & white go perfectly together, so cute!
Katie x
i was seriously just looking online for cute ways to make my own wrapping paper! its so much more personal. thanks for this tutorial, i'll be sure to impress the boyfriends parents this year :)
c'est magnifique! if only all of my presents would look that pretty, lol
this is so much cuter than store bought paper.
Way cute idea!
absolutely love this! so pretty.
Post a Comment