Tuesday, December 13, 2011

off with its head!


I could feel little Krew's desire to say words was increasing and I felt like the time was right. And so snip I went and I called it "broken". Never did I ever expect the heartbreak I saw in his little eyes over the loss of his binky, his comfort from birth. It was so sad it caused me to consider,"Well so what if he's 18 with a pacifier..." and then I realized what I was thinking and it had to happen. Now that a few rough sleeping days have passed, the sorrow has worn off and thankfully he's almost forgotten about it.
goodbye binky.

16 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh man, I always was one of those people that thought, they'll get over it! But reading this made my heart hurt now that I have a little girl who loves her binki! And loves to pretend to share it with me. And it comforts her when she's sad. :( But you're right, it has to happen. Thank goodness I still have a few months before I need to make that happen. :)

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Oh my! Mia loves her bink and it breaks my heart thinking about taking it away, but I know the time is approaching. She's going to have a big 2012 - potty training and loss of the comforting binky. :( It's hard on Momma to think she's growing out of her baby-ness.

Lindsay [Elle Elizabeth] said...

Aww your little boy... He's becoming a big boy!

Laura Rowe [twirl] said...

AHH fun picture! Mine is getting hooked on her thumb. and toes. What if she wants to suck her toes when she's 18?

Melissa said...

I am planning on doing this for a New Years Resolution. Isabelle is getting crazy attached to it and It's so hard for her to talk with it hanging in her mouth. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one dealing with the "plugger".

Anonymous said...

Oh, heartbreaking... :(
But - I know - it has to be done.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Bold move! I'm impressed!

Sarah said...

Haha this really made me LOL


- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Stephanie and Such said...

Ohh, so heartbreaking!! I am sure he will be over it in no time :)

The Egg said...

Yay! That's a big step. I had my binkie too long and ended up having jaw surgery at 21!!!!

xoxo the egg out west.

Unknown said...

great picture! I can only imagine the heart break.

Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

we had to do the same thing with my second babe. he would still have it if we let him.

kait said...

a mommas got to do what's best sometimes! I also love that your scissors are labeled with your name, tee hee :)

Kendra said...

oh, that's tough! You're a good mama for doing it though!

Jenn Kirk said...

Hooray for paci graduation! That first day or so is rough, isn't it? But soon, he won't even be looking back!

FaithWalker said...

I noticed with Wy that he developed a toy fixation after the loss of the bink when he was 21months old. 6months later he still has to go to sleep with a "comfort toy."