I saw this on the dresser and thought it looked pretty and found the arrangement attractive. It's my dish of "jewelry to be filed back" but as you can tell, it's piling up.
I set a goal for myself a few months ago to always be sure to accessorize. I think mommyhood kind of got me out of the groove considering jewelry transformed into insta-toys. But I've been improving (as you can tell by my pile). One of my favorite pieces is my great grandmother's golden "L" pin. I love the look but I love even more that it has a history.
Happy weekend and don't forget to accessorize (if needed).

15 comments:
I always find mini-piles like that on my dresser as well! At least you're accessorizing :) Have a good weekend!
I need to accessorize more! I seem to always forget. Also, I work with kids and I've had one too many necklaces or earrings pulled on. I'm afraid they'll break! But I sure do love how much accessories can change an outfit. And I'm worse than you - they sit all over my vanity. I haven't found a jewelry case I like/that's big enough for all my stuff!
~ Angela
grahamandangela.blogspot.com
P.S. You definitely need to make it to Disneyland for Halloween. Your son (and you and your hubs) would love it!
I love this! I definitely need to accessorise more - I hardly do. Thanks for the reminder :)
i can probably accessorize a little bit more too!
Dangly earrings make my whole world better.
it always makes me so happy to see mama's that take time to look nice. . . not that it's the most important thing in the world. just nice. cheers on being one of those mamas.
xoxo
im obsessed with accessorizing! love it. when i was a nanny the little babes broke about three of my necklaces :( it was tragic. so i remember having to hide necklaces a LOT haha so beware! and pulling off of the earrings, hurty. which im sure you are fully aware and experienced by now :)but still do it!!
i am digging your blog. you are so beautiful and so is your little family. new follower here!
reminds me of Remember the Titans when the cute little black girl says, "I'm not playing, I'm accesorizin!"
I love your blog and am so certain we attended BYU-I at the same time. You've got a darling family and a great outlook on what matters most in life (and I don't just mean the jewelry) (:
britrambles.blogspot.com
I am terrible at accessorizing! I just never seem to know what accessories to purchase or really how to decide to put it all together. Any advice on what should be accessory staples?
Love it. It's amazing how just a few simple accessories can make you feel "put together," and more in control of your life:)
Oh la la, i love the red and turquoise color scheme!
I love your jewelry dish! Even though the items are there to be put away, it makes a fun accessory to your dresser!
i keep one too, and also find that it builds up. ha. love my jewelry!
i love pieces that have history! i just found your blog and i love it! i'm from san diego too!
http://thelittlebrunettemermaid.blogspot.com
Post a Comment