Tuesday, May 8, 2012

cinco de mayo on the river


On Friday we took a little road trip to the river where we could spend our Cinco de Mayo in the hot Arizona sun. We made a stop at In-n-Out on the way there and set up camp by the river. Camp is easy to set up when you're sleeping under the stars! No tents, just an aero bed under the night sky. At night, we woke up to a wild donkey walking not too far from our bed which was quite exciting!

The next morning we woke up and headed out on the river. The air was 94 degrees and the water was at a refreshing 70 'ish. The water was glassy and we wake boarded as much as our little hearts desired. Cameron brought an old surf board and we used that to wake surf which was surprisingly fun (I'm still waiting for the pics of Cameron doing it, just my lame-o one above). Krew enjoyed an occasional swim in the river and a warm layout in the sun. We had a great time and thank you to the in-laws for making our Cinco de Mayo so fun!

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like such a great day! I can not wait for 94 degree days. I love that last picture. Baby bums are just so dang cute.

Mariel Torres said...

What a perfect way to spend such a beautiful and sunny day! That last picture is beyond adorable. Linsay darling, I would love to have join my Postcard Project... after all, San Diego is a city in everyone's bucket list ;).

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

We were in AZ this weekend too! It was so so warm and perfect. I love these pictures, and it sounds like you had the best weekend.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Sounds pretty perfect. I might have to try that "camp" thing! :)

Lindsay said...

Camping on the river is a blast, I did it 2 summers ago! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Kayla said...

Fun! I miss Arizona! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

xo Kayla

Anonymous said...

how fun!

Mariana said...

Sound great!!

dardame said...

that last picture is the cutest thing i have ever seen!

Nicole said...

LOVE this. also love little krew's butt sticking out. awesome photo for his graduation and wedding someday. :)

do you mind sending me your email address?! if you don't mind. . .

nicole.neesby@gmail.com

xo

TheOtherSideofCool said...

Ohmygosh it looks like so much fun! I would love to live in America one day and Arizona is top of my list! xx

Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool

Julie said...

Aww what a perfect way to spend a beautiful day.
Your family is seriously the cutest :)