Thursday, May 10, 2012

hiding

Dear much younger self,
Remember when you used to think it was funny to hide in the clothes rack while mom is shopping? Well, it's not so funny anymore-- especially when you are the mom. When you think your kid is right by your side and 2 seconds later your kid is gone, it's not fun at all. And you manage to have a mini freak out for the longest minute of your life trying to find your child when you spot him with another lady who is trying to find his "mother". That's me! Not funny at all. Doing some mother's day shopping today. Wish me luck.
Yours truly,
The older and motherly self

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh dear, I know I'll be in this predicament someday. And I know I wont handle it well.

Kayla said...

I used to love hiding in the clothes rack! But my mom would leave without me, she did once at the mall- ouch! So I learned I could play, but I couldn't hide- I needed to keep an eye on my mom!

Thoes little shoes are too cute!

xo Kayla

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

Haha I used to do this all of the time as a kid!

I love following your blog. :) Seriously. Come stop by and come follow!
xoxo,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

oh my..... I've had that happen to me before and honestly it was one of the worst few minutes of my life... just thinking about it freaks me out all over again. Hope the rest of your day was much more relaxing! Cute pic!

Jason and Bria said...

haha i used to do that as a kid.

Anna said...

oh my gosh, i used to do that ALL the time!! I used to give my mom a heart attack! I can only image how terrifying that is! his little feet look so cute hiding though :)

Ken Adkins said...

"WHERE IS THE BABY!?!?"

Unknown said...

what a cutie, we need to see you all soon. CHRISTMAS!