(I can't remember exactly where I originally got it from on the internet but I definitely contemplated first about taking it. Glad I did :) )
5 minute Chocolate Mug Cake
(directions crossed out are our improvements)
4 TBS Flour
4 5 TBS sugar
2 TBS cocoa
1 egg
3 TBS milk
3 TBS oil
3 TBS close to a half a bag of chocolate chips :)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (or ceramic bowl)
Add dry ingredients to mug or bowl and mix well. Be sure to add the egg and mix thoroughly before pouring in the milk and oil in (we learned this is important!). Keep Mixing. Add theoptional MANDATORY chocolate chips next and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the mocrowave and cook for 3 mintues (YES!! THAT IS IT!) at 1000 watts (I've never checked my watts). The cake will rise over the top of the mug but don't be alarmed (if you use a bowl it probably won't). Allow it to cook a little and tip it out onto a plate if desired.
Cameron and I like to make one of these in a bowl, split it in half, and add some Häagen-Dazs ice cream to the side. Oh, and sometimes I put mine in the freezer for a few minutes so it cools it down.
Chocolate cake whenever you want it!
(directions crossed out are our improvements)
4 TBS Flour
2 TBS cocoa
1 egg
3 TBS milk
3 TBS oil
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (or ceramic bowl)
Add dry ingredients to mug or bowl and mix well. Be sure to add the egg and mix thoroughly before pouring in the milk and oil in (we learned this is important!). Keep Mixing. Add the
Put your mug in the mocrowave and cook for 3 mintues (YES!! THAT IS IT!) at 1000 watts (I've never checked my watts). The cake will rise over the top of the mug but don't be alarmed (if you use a bowl it probably won't). Allow it to cook a little and tip it out onto a plate if desired.
Cameron and I like to make one of these in a bowl, split it in half, and add some Häagen-Dazs ice cream to the side. Oh, and sometimes I put mine in the freezer for a few minutes so it cools it down.
Chocolate cake whenever you want it!
And since I'm on a recipe roll, if you need an impressive dinner recipe tonight, try this mango salmon for dinner. I made it last night and would highly recommend it (thanks Remi!). It was super easy and I'm all about easy. (I used the oven and it was still delicious)

15 comments:
I will be making this pronto!!!
Ps. The last photo of you eating it is super cute;)
I am definitely making these tonight! Thanks for the delicious recipe! Oh, and I'll have mine with ice cream as well :]
xo.
http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com
Oh my gosh these look so good!! The hubby and I have a date tonight; these just might have to be added to the dessert list! Thank you for sharing.
Oh mannn! I am so trying this recipe this weekend :)
I'll be trying this tonight!
too dangerous for me. I'm not even writing in down.
I'll have to come dig it up online if I really want it...which I'll probably end up doing sometime this weekend who am I kidding?
linds- you're killin' me!
haha linds chase introduced me to these things when we were first dating and we seriously ate them almost every night. he said you guys always had them when he was in hawaii. they are so simple and bomb! we like them not cooked all the way, i wanna make these now!! and i always thought he said mud cakes not mug, so to me they are mud cakes :) YUM!!
oh my!..... trouble.
You can do something similar with cookie dough...just don't cook it for that long! Maybe a minute tops. So you can have pizookie whenever! That sounds really tempting though....now to come up with a brownie version!
Ah... Chocolate?!
In 5 minutes?!
I will definitely try this. And yes, it looks and sounds like a dangerous one!! :/
yessssss. i totally spend lots of money on betty crocker's 'warm delights' which is essentially one of these! so high five for cutting that out of my grocery bill. (; ...although i haven't had them since moving because we don't have a microwave..
this might just be worth the microwave purchase...
How awesome! I've seen these instant ones at the store, so this is great to know the homemade recipe for making an instant cake!
Look delicious! I'll have to try it sometime :)
Your new follower,
Elizabeth
emsugihara.blogspot.com
I remember you telling me about this! haha Looks too good to try, or we will be making it too much :)
Post a Comment