Wednesday, February 15, 2012

a valentine's surprise picnic











Cameron wouldn't tell me anything until we arrive in Little Italy at the Porto Vista hotel... strange... but then he pulled out a picnic basket from the trunk of the car and up to the 5th floor balcony we went! It was a secluded, empty balcony and we had a beautiful view of Little Italy and downtown all to ourselves to dine in front of. I was completely surprised and what a fun private picnic it was! He prepared a yummy dinner and we shared some Martinelli's-- way better than any restaurant. After our dinner in the open air, we walked to Pappalecco for some amazing gelato. I had blood orange gelato and he had cafe/fondente. The whole night was amazing and I feel so lucky to have such a sweet and thoughtful valentine.

15 comments:

Jessica Holly said...

fun! That gelato looks amazing!!!

MelissaMichelle said...

Thumbs up to your husb. That's impressive! I have to tell you...I love your blog...it always keeps me entertained :)

-Melissa

Sarah said...

oh my goodness how romantic! So glad you both had a nice time =)

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Jaclyn said...

looks like you did have a lovely evening.

The Egg said...

that gelato looks fake! ok now im hungry...

xo the egg out west.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Sound perfect! It's so nice to have such thoughtful husbands!

Mariana said...

Lovely.

Haley said...

major points for the hubs!! what a sweet night :) Now i'm craving gelato...

and i enjoyed catching up your latest happenings...sea world with your adorable little man looked awesome! :) Last time i went to sea world (in high school) I decided I wanted to be a whale trainer :)

Katie said...

so sweet!! & that gelato looks AMAZing!

Katie x

kimberly said...

Looks like such a beautiful time! Love the photos. :)

paddle to shore said...

how romantic and sweet, just the way it should be. xo

Annie said...

Aw - this is SUCH a cute idea! Loving your pink short as well :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

How incredibly romantic!! What a date!

Mariel Torres said...

How fabulous! The gelato made it even more marvelous by the way ;)

Courtney B said...

Seriously? This sounds PERFECT! Lucky girl ;)
And you are GORGEOUS, as always!