Thursday, February 16, 2012

mood ring




Lately, I have noticed that I will unintentionally dress Krew in the colors that I'm wearing. I suppose I'm in certain moods that bring on certain colors or styles, like a mood ring. Today: blues and browns. I didn't realize today's coordination until seeing these pictures but I have noticed I do this a lot. My mom always said that if a baby is on your hip, you might as well make the accessory match. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. Either way, I like it. Do you ever match with your significant other or little one?

32 comments:

.kaitlyn. said...

cute sweater/shirt combo!

La Mode by Marianne said...

Haha its funny how you coordinate things without even noticing...but you did a great job - you both look great!

Kimberly said...

I do this with my girl totally on accident as well!! We almost always have the same color combos on at church: gray and pinks, creams and browns, gray and black. . . not very traditional for baby girls, but its what I love!

Catherine said...

that is such a cute outfit!! one of the guys i dated would always show up to pick me up and we would ALWAYS match and it was never planned... plaid shirts, leather jackets, striped shirts, button-ups, same color scheme of our outfits, etc. wherever we would go, people would always say, "you are such a cute married couple...matching and all." oops. we're still friends and whenever we see each other on campus, we always laugh, because we are always still matching in the same color scheme or style of things we wear. i guess we just have good style telepathy?

Ash said...

hubby and i usually match.. not by choice though.. we both get ready, me in our bathroom- he in the spare bedroom where HIS closet is (hehe), and when we emerge, we almost ALWAYS are dressed similarly.. either colors, stripes, you name it- we usually match... isn't that odd? haha

you both look adorable!

Dear Boys Love Mom said...

somehow this happens with me and my boys too! I love your style, you always have the best outfit combinations.

Unknown said...

I love your caddie! And how weird you should mention matching as it is mentioned on my blog today as me and my husband have matching coats--they are totally the same colour but it wasn't intentional at all--although everyone probably thinks it is and that we are some sort of weird couple

The Egg said...

moms are always right! how do you get your hair to look so perfect!?

fun giveaway at my place today!
xoxo the egg out west.

Lindsey @ The Hill House said...

Ha! My husband gets so aggravated when I make us all dress in the same colors. He can't stand it! But I love dressing my two boys to match each other; makes them look so handsome and gives me an excuse to take their picture. :)

Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

super cute. what a handsome boy!

Samantha Erin said...

I'm not sure what I love more about this - the outfit(s) or the hair?! So nice.

xx, S.
http://aussi-belle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i am not a mum yet but i bet i will match my kids, mean, hey I studied fashion design ; )

Rick and Rachelle said...

I do this all the time! I did it today, black and gray stripes, and I didn't even realize it! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Anonymous said...

Oh little Krew, I can't wait to squeeze his cheeks. Will he play just dance 3 with me?? I can never get the adults to play...although I have a feeling you will.... :)

Anonymous said...

yes, all the time! i at least try not to have any of us in the brown/tan family and someone else in the black/gray family for church. some people think i'm funny but i love it. and it's mostly on purpose :)

dani said...

You look absolutely adorable and so does Mr. Cutie Patootie! :) Love your patterns and layering!

Chelsey said...

Miles hates that I always want us to match on Sunday's. I always match Caiden's tie or bow tie to my skirt. For Father's Day I made Miles a tie and Caiden a matching bow tie. I usually try to dress him more like Miles, but often we end up wearing very similar clothes or colors during the day. LOVE your wardrobe.

Breakfast at the Zemke's said...

I love your little guy's plaid shirt. I'm expecting in April and I've gone overboard with buying my baby boy plaid everything! I can't help myself...

P.S. I really like your cardi too.

Allyssa
breakfastatthezemkes.blogspot.com

martienn said...

you look good ;]
i like it ;]
lovely.
if u want follow me and writte comment ;*

RaindropsofSapphire said...

Cute post! I'm a blogger too, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime :) :)

www.raindropsofsapphire.com

❤ Meghan said...

yes! i do this all the time. my fiance doesn't think it's as cute as i do. :)

kellichristinecase said...

darling bebe and preeeeetty pictures!!!!

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Hubs and I will often end up in the same color, but one of us will change :) I have noticed I will dress Mia in brighter colors on days I need a little pick me up.

I love that you and your little man match - too cute!!

his little lady said...

i love accidentally matching with the mister! and to add a little matching baby the hip will definitely be necessary :)
xo TJ

Megan Marie said...

It's cute when baby and mama have coordinating colors!!!

Come enter my shop ruche GIVEAWAY Linds!!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Absolutely! My husband and I often try to coordinate outfits when we go out. We think it's totally cute!

Alex ~ http://therolexrelease.blogspot.com

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

I LOVE how you have color coordinated you and your sweet boy! One day, I will HAVE to do this ;)

Stesha said...

perfect cardigan choice. i love it with the stripped shirt!

xo

jas said...

stunning look, seriously!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Bianca said...

Loving this outfit and your half mirror pic :)

Bianca said...

Also, when I have a little one someday, I will coordinate our outfits... intentionally. I think your mother is so right.

Anonymous said...

A baby is not an accessory!